6 Great Oils for Healthy Teeth and Gums
Essential oils are all the rage these days. Since 2000 BC essential oils have been used because of their special healing and curative benefits. Essential oils are still used in healthcare industries like personal care, ingestion, and aromatherapy. Below are some of the best essential oils for healthy teeth and gums.
- Clove oil is especially essential for oral health. People still strongly believe in clove because of its great benefits. In many homes the first solution that will be given by elder members is to bite and hold a clove in the paining tooth. Clove oil effectively relieves toothache as well as bad breath while restricting bacteria development in the mouth.
- Thyme oil is mostly used in mouthwashes, which eliminates bad odor in your mouth. It contains natural chemicals that help defend teeth from tooth decay, gingivitis and general oral infections.
- Oregano is a powerful antioxidant known to contain anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce bacterial and fungal infections. Oregano oil is also known to help boost the immune system and may be used in combination with coconut oil for oil pulling treatments!
- Tea Tree is a natural remedy for bad breath and contains ingredients that diminish plaque. This oil is a perfect ingredient for a DIY toothpaste or mouthwash because of its ability to kill off bacteria, diminish tooth decay and relieve bleeding gums! *Please note that tea tree should NOT be used for internal use other than for a mouthwash or tooth paste – you must spit it out after use and rinse with water.
- Peppermint oil is a good numbing and cooling agent that can can reduce muscle and toothaches. Research has found that peppermint oil is exceptionally powerful for fighting oral pathogens and killing common bacteria that can lead to cavities and gum disease.
- Cinnamon oil is antiseptic, anti-fungal, and antibacterial that makes it a perfect natural ingredient for many healthcare medicines. This makes cinnamon oil an effective cleanser for every oral health care need, such as relief for a sore throat! Cinnamon oil contains one of the greatest antimicrobial properties that protect against bacteria accountable for tooth decay.
If you have any questions or concerns about your oral health, give the McKinney dentist a call Dr. Ernesto Prida to book an appointment with one of the best dentists in McKinney, TX at Stonelodge Dental.