As you work toward a bright and brilliant smile, it’s important to do so in a safe and effective way. To help you find the best whitening solution possible that will give you the smile you are proud of, we encourage you to consider and try the following seven whitening secrets:
1. Use DIY (do-it-yourself) whitening products: Whitening your smile may be easier than you think, especially with the many over-the-counter options available in the world today. So, if you’re interested in whitening your teeth in the comfort of your own home, consider using whitening gel, whitening toothpaste, whitening strips, or whitening kits.
2. Try home remedies: Many people like to brighten their smile by brushing their teeth with baking soda. If you’re interested in this method, feel free to try it! You can also help your smile by eating apples, pears, celery, and carrots.
3. Consider your dental care options: There are many whitening treatments in dental care that can give you the smile you have always wanted. Some of those treatments include dental crowns, dental bonding, dental veneers, and professional teeth whitening treatments. If you are interested in any of these treatments, call our office today and schedule an appointment.
4. Avoid drinking certain drinks: There are many drinks that stain your teeth and dull the whiteness of your smile, like coffee, tea, red wine, and soda. If you wish to keep your white teeth, it is best to avoid drinking these drinks. However, if you do end up drinking these products, you can reduce the staining affects by drinking them through a straw.
5. Quit smoking: Smoking is one of the biggest causes of stained, yellowed, and darkened teeth. The only way to avoid these unattractive smile results is by quitting the habit. If you need help doing so, your dentist will be happy to help you.
6. Keep up with a good oral hygiene routine: Your oral hygiene routine will help you attain and maintain a beautiful, bright smile. So, do your best to brush your teeth twice a day, floss your smile once a day, and rinse your mouth daily.
7. Attend your dental checkups: Your six month checkups are vital if you want a strong, successful, and beautiful smile. These appointments will allow your dentist or hygienist to deeply clean, nourish, and polish your smile.
If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a whitening or cleaning appointment, call our office today. We are happy to meet with you and help you achieve your smile goals!