5 Reasons Why Dental Implants are the Best Dental Restorations
Cosmetic dental implants are a great way for you to achieve the picture-perfect smile you have always wanted. Every dentist understands the importance of a healthy functional smile and many people have had the dental implant procedure done to replace their missing teeth. There are multiple reasons why a dental implants dentist may recommend dental implants as a tooth replacement solution to improve your appearance and oral health too. This procedure normally includes four visits to the dentist. You should expect to be able to work the day after having the implant installed.
Why dental implants?
A missing tooth isn’t just a cosmetic problem. The gaps created by missing teeth can compromise your ability to eat and speak correctly, invite infection and allow adjacent teeth to shift. Implants are increasing in popularity because of the benefits implant provides. If you are needing a dental implant for a single tooth, multiple teeth, needing a fixed bridge anchor or want permanent dentures. In this article, we will take you through some of the top reasons why you should consider getting implants learn about the advantages of implants and what they can offer you.
Below are some of the best reasons why dental implants are the best form of dental restoration for missing teeth or permanent dentures.
- Durable and long-lasting – Implants can last over 30 years if properly maintained. They are implanted right into your jawbone and with proper care, these implants can last a lifetime!
- Easy to care for – A big advantage of implants is the convenience they are. With implants, you are not required to buy any special products for cleaning or learn any new routines to keep your teeth healthy. All you have to do is brush and floss just as you would with your natural teeth.
- No diet restrictions – Although you will eventually be able to enjoy a complete diet, you should check with your dentist for specific instructions on foods that you may need to eliminate as you heal from the tooth implant placement procedure. When a patient gets bridges or dentures, there’s a whole list of dietary restrictions that he/she gets alongside. That’s not the case with implants. You can eat whatever your health permits and you never have to worry about wrecking your implants.
- Strong bite force – Dental implants have immense strength in them. These are typically made of titanium, which is one of the strongest alloys in the world. Therefore, you’d have a strong biting force, which is the one thing you’d demand if you were restoring a missing tooth, wouldn’t you?
- Looks and feels natural – Dental implants look and feel completely natural and you will feel as if they’re your own natural teeth.
Make an appointment with the McKinney dentist
As you are considering your options for dental restoration, we invite you to talk to our experienced team for more information. We’ll discuss your dental history, overall health, and specific needs to ensure the success of your restorative treatment. Dental implants are a superb solution for our patients who are missing one or more teeth and would like worry-free restorations. You will need to perform regular dental hygiene to keep the tooth or teeth and gum around the dental implant clean and healthy. If you are in need of a dental restoration, choose the best dental implants dentist in McKinney.
Dr. Ernesto Prida will use state-of-the-art dental technology to restore your dental health. If you have teeth that are missing, schedule an appointment with the McKinney dentist. Dr. Prida is committed to helping you and your family maintain excellent oral health for life. If you have questions about dental implants, schedule an appointment online or call Stonelodge Dental at 214-613-1500 today.